- Born in India, grew up and lived there till my early twenties.
- Completed most of my studies there, before moving to the east coast in the US.
- Have been here for over a decade now.
- Completed a post graduate degree and have been working for various companies since.
- In my 30s.
- Haven't been seriously putting money aside in 401k or Roth IRA till just a few years ago.
- Partly because of the uncertainty of where i will end up( here or in India or maybe somewhere else :))
- Have saved money in the bank instead, and am highly frustrated at the interest rates being offered nowadays (compare 1-2 % to a an almost standard 8% one year CD return in India).
- Planning the big move from renting to home ownership just outside one of the big cities on the east coast.
- Very interested in finance( personal and international), but ended up getting a degree and job in high tech.
- Have been reading and commenting on personal finance/investment blogs for a long time now.
- I have been very intrigued by so many different opinions, and would love to share some of my own too.
A few points about me -